Listed company with a portfolio of great brands in their sector
- The business comprised lots of acquired respected brands ranked either first or second in their sector.
- Companies in the group used to plough their own furrows. They made their own way in the world – they competed for each other’s customers and occasionally trod on each other’s toes.
- The sales people were fiercely independent
- Previous cross selling initiatives enjoyed limited success
- Owning such strong brands the group had so much potential to grow.
- The share price was £0.38
The challenge was to unlock that potential